The model QID-900 deflects the incoming positive or negatively charged ion beam at 90 degrees in a two-dimensional electrostatic quadrupole field*. The quadrupole field is set up using a combination circular electrode and shim electrodes to produce hyperbolic equipotentials. A set of entrance and exit einzel lens assemblies correct any 2-dimensional focusing of the ion beam through the quadrupole. Some possible applications for the model QID-900 include:
- Merged ion-laser beam experiments
- Merged ion-neutral beam experiments
- Multiple beam line switching
- Separation of ions from molecular/atomic/neutral beam particles
- Separation of ions from photons
- Cluster deposition and ion spectroscopy
- Deflection of ions at either 90, 180 or 270 degrees
- Energy Filter
The model QID-900 is also available mounted in a vacuum chamber (model QID-900-H).
SIMION 3D Geometry files available upon request. For more information, contact us via our contact page.
* H. D. Zeeman, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 48, (1079) 1977.